Adobe Acrobat Reader is
required to view PDF files.
- SAI Global issues Coulson Manufacturing Ltd’s a new EMS ISO14001 Certificate of Registration - valid for 3 years. The certificate of registration confirms through a very comprehensive 3rd party registration audit, that CML’s lumber manufacturing process meets world environmental standards and that accordingly our customers can count on lumber products being produced to a high environmental standard.
Congratulations to John, Darlene, Darren, Karen, George and all CML employees and contractors for all of the good work being done to maintain the world standard. Please keep up CML’s record of compliance with environmental regulations and pollution prevention!! A copy of CML’s EMS certificate is printed in this issue of Log n Talk.
- Coulson Aircrane Ltd’s EMS ISO14000 registration audit was completed on April 1st 2009. I’m pleased to report that both Coulson Aircrane and Coulson Flying Tankers Divisions passed the registration audit. At the exit interview, the SAI Global Auditor advised Coulson Management that the Environmental Management System implemented within both Aviation divisions fully met the ISO14001:2004 standard and that he was going to recommend to that the Aviation operations be issued a Certificate of Registration.
A big thank you goes out to all Aircrane staff for bringing all phases of Aviation Operations up to the environmental standards set-out in our “on line” EMS manual. In particular I would like to recognize Wayne Darlington, Roy Copeland, Paul Ryan, Jason Beaton, Ian Thomas, Klause Ridke and George Rose for their extra effort and dedication in having everything up to standard at stage 2 of the audit – Again, congratulations to all employees and contractors for a job well done!!
Timberlands EMS program – The next internal EMS audit involves the Timber Harvesting program and has been scheduled for April 2009 – Ron Sorensen and I will conduct the audit. The annual Registrar’s surveillance audit has been scheduled for the 3rd week of June 2009.
AVIATION 2009 Fire Contracts – Coulson Aircrane Ltd
- US Forest Service Helicopter Bid Offers During the first 3 weeks of March, I was heavily involved in helping Jim Messer prepare and submit 2 bid offers to provide the US Forest Service two S61 helicopters for fire suppression for a 3 year period starting with the 2009 fire season. The bids were put together and I then flew to Boise Idaho to hand deliver the bid packages to the US Forest Service Interagency Fire Centre.
- Greek Government Fire Agencies – I assisted Jim Messer in preparing a bid offer to supply two S61 Helicopters for the 2009 to 2011 fire seasons to the Greek Government Fire Agencies of Greece at this point in time I don’t know the status of that offer.
- Provincial Fire Agencies within Canada Preparation of 2009 Provincial “Call When Needed” S61 fire fighting contract offers are in the final stage and are expected to be sent out by Mid April.